Drag Function Conversion Terms
- Ballistic Coefficient
- The ballistic coefficient of the bullet and its associated drag function.
- Bullet Weight
- Weight of the bullet. Used for sectional density and form factor calculation
- Bullet diameter. Used for sectional density and form factor calculation
- Drag Function
- The drag function for the enter ballistic coefficient.
- The velocity at which the ballistic coefficient entered above is defined.
If you only have one BC and no velocity information, use the average of
the muzzle velocity and terminal velocity so that you get a new ballistic
coefficient representative of the velocity range you are using.
- Checkboxes define which entries are to be used. If checked, the BC and
velocity are used, if not checked, they are ignored (but must be a valid
value). You must have at least two boxes checked wich valid BCs and
- Recommended BC
- The ballistic coefficient and drag function with the lowest standard
- Sectional Density
- Calculated sectional density of the bullet
- Speed of Sound
- Mach number for the given velocity and standard atmospheric conditions.